Another busy week comes to an end, and all of us here are full steam ahead with a bunch of projects and fun shit. Busy busy busy, cool cool cool.
We have a great art session happening this weekend in Perth, with Dibs, ToniTone, Poise, Deej, NVS and Suloh putting some licks of paint up on a dance studio. Makatron and Gore are painting a wall across the road from our studios at the moment, and in a few short weeks we’ll be transforming the inside of the whole Rival Revolution studios complex with the help of a lot of talented people … lots of cool shots and video to come for sure.
So its still full steam ahead on everything … the new site design is still coming along steadily (when I have time to work on it … sorry, spare time? What? When?) but we’ve now fully assembled our core team and are raring to go – maybe its time we did introductions?
Starma – is our new event and general office manager, I’ll be palming all that kind of shit off to him, he’s much better at it than I am.
FacieB – is one of our new writers, and she’ll also be working closely on the first of our side projects that we’ll be announcing pretty soon ..
Leah – another of our writer extraordinaires, she’s already done a bunch of pieces, and we love her laid back style!
Peach – is the creative director of .. yep, another side project we’re setting up that! She’s also a generally amazing office assistant.
Crutch (Lisa) has just come on board this week to work on our NZ section – that’ll all be starting up next week, hopefully!
Mel – will be helping us out occasionally with a bit of writing and photography in amongst her work with her Baby Trees project
Lara – is our new official Melbourne event photographer, so expect a bunch of shots from around here real soon (if anyone interested in coming on board for other cities, just let us know!)
I mostly wanted to introduce them as a thankyou for all the hard work they’ve put in so far, and all the hard work that’s soon to come. It’s a great team, with an incredible amount of passion and talent (and patience with me), and I’m really stoked to be working with all of them – please make them all feel welcome!
Anyways! Enough of all that bullshit from me – here’s the wrap!
News and Miscellanea …
- Obviously this weeks big thing was all the feedback from the Carbon Festival – we did a full wrap including a bunch of links and the live blog transcripts here. Great event, and, really, keep an eye on it for next year – you’ll want to go.
- Stupidkrap studios have updated their website, and they’re including more news, interviews and such to go along with their online store – really enjoying what they’re doing with it, and looking forward to seeing me to come! We need more of that kind of thing down here – kudos guys!
- We also forgot to mention that Ben Frost from Stupidkrap launched a new website the other week, very cool.
- Everfresh posted up a cool link to a new interview with Melbourne graffiti artist Lush – hilarious.
- Rekas blog had a great link over to Kid Zooms recent interview with Juxtapoz – West Oz’ers doin it good n proper over in the NYC.
- Almost completely out of the ballpark, but I can’t go past posting this recent interview with a personal favourite – Retna. ’m sure he’ll have something to do with Australian art soon … right?
- Now, completely out of the ballpark, but this is the wrap and miscellanea, and its the only place we ever put this stuff! I have to put in a plug for one of our favourite bands, and good friends, Freak Technique who are playing at Red Bennies in Melbourne this Sunday – they’re amazing, go see them. – and as long s I’m mentioning shit outside the box, also go and check out pics of the new Qubic store that just opened up, totally fresh – gunna have to stop by there next time I’m over that way …
Pics And Images From Around The Traps …
- Some nice work up again from TwoOne for one of his upcoming shows!
- Some nice shots from Ironlak of the Back Burners show at LoFi up – I also really loved this Askew piece!
- Randomly saw this Beastman vs Yok painting posted up on flickr – (cant remember where I first saw it!) these two together, damn!
- You should all know who the talented Michael Peck is, so have a look at this great new wall piece that he did up in Sydney.
- .. you’ve also probably seen this, but its hilarious, and if you look at just one of these images look at this one! Ah, cause and effect … haha
- TEZ over at Nice Produce did this awesome character up in Newcastle with the people at the urban art/graff SAW project – mintox.
- Theres some great new photos of the recent Cat Rabbit exhibition in Melbourne up on the No Vacancy website.
- Did we cover these images from MEGAs show at the Fed Square Atrium yet as part of the Carbon wrap? If we did, too bad, here they are on Project 4000 – totally love it.
- We saw a post about this artist, Pencil Rebellion, over at This Life, after he just featured in Desktop Magazine, and wow – robots. Wow.
Also, don’t forget to check out the full listings of all the shows happening this weekend and into the near future on our Calendar! Also, don’t forget to like our page on facebook, we do a lot of out-of-blog updates, news and pics over there!
That’s all from us for this week, have a great weekend all!