Another exciting opportunity to announce today. Hosier Inc is launching their 2nd round of the Paint UP project and looking for Artist submissions. After the awesome reaction to Paint UP Round 1 (Adnate’s aboriginal character on McDonald House), it’s time for another mural in Hosier Lane.
Again the wall being offered has never seen paint before, so this is an awesome opportunity to put your mark on the Hosier lane precinct. Get your submissions in ASAP! They close on the 3rd of October.
Here’s a brief run down of the project, more details on the Hosier Inc blog:
“After the success of Hosier Inc’s PaintUP! Round One, featuring the stunning portrait of a local aboriginal boy on the side of MacDonald House, Hosier Inc is proud to announce a call for expressions of interest for Paint UP Round Two. Download PDF
You are invited to submit a concept for a large-scale image to be painted in the Hosier and Rutledge Lane precinct as part of the 2nd round of the PaintUP! initiative.
- The successful proposal will demonstrate a rationale and a design that demonstrates an affinity with the location of the wall and building.
- The proposal may include some or all of the available walls on the Youth Projects facade.
- Hosier Inc will grant $6,000 to the successful artist to supplement project costs.
- The artist will be responsible for the costs associated with the organization, management and execution of the project, with advice and support from Hosier Inc. (Public liability by HI!)
All eligible submissions will be considered. Selection of successful applicant will be made subject to the artist’s availability to complete the painting by end 2014.
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to provide the following:
- Proposal of concept along with sketches/montage of the proposed design
- Links to your previous work, show examples of the style you are proposing
Please send through your final proposals to email@example.com by close of business Friday 3rd October 2014.
There can be no offensive or religious material, no sexually explicit content.
All members of Hosier Inc will invited to participate in the selection process, which will also include input from Youth Projects and the City of Melbourne.
This event may be used as an opportunity to promote Youth Projects. The chosen artist should therefore be aware that they may be required to participate in these media and PR opportunities. Any conflict caused by strong affiliation with another charity should be carefully considered before applying for Paint UP Round Two. For information regarding Youth Projects go to http://www.youthprojects.org.au
3rd October – Subissions Close.
22nd October – Successful artist notified and announced.
For a PDF copy of the brief, click here.
David Russell and myself are both members of Hosier Inc, if you have any questions about the project, please don’t hesitate to ask.