You may have heard that along with a heap of other cool ‘heads we are helping to put on an event with the crew at Brunswicks Cocoa Jackson Studios at the end of March. It’ll be a massively rad weekend! We’ll have the full press release for it out next week, but, in the meantime, we’re after a couple of submissions for various parts of the event – namely, films, documentaries, short films and stickers – and it’s open to everyone!
Just a small smidgeon about “There’s More!” … and info for sticker freaks, marketeers and documentarians/filmographers below …
“An art event like no other ‘…There’s More!’ will bring some of the country’s best street and contemporary artists and DJs together to collaborate with projectionists, performance artists, poets, craftivists, designers and tech geeks to create an experience to remember. Over full four days Cocoa Jackson Studios will be transformed into a massive interactive art installation.”
There’s More! is inviting you to be part of a large 3-day art event in Brunswick, Melbourne. We need YOUR stickers to be sent to us. We will slap them up on a giant sticker wall, as well as the surrounding area.
The event will be seen and recorded by some of Australia’s finest Street, Sticker and Graffiti artists. Anyone across the globe is welcome to send stickers, however DEADLINE IS BY MARCH 25. This isn’t long at all considering the shipping time!
This is a great chance for you to have your stickers in Melbourne!
We will post event photos online of the growing sticker wall,
Send ASAP to
c\o There’s More Stickers
Cocoa Jackson Studios,
32 Warburton Street,
Brunswick, Victoria, Australia
The 2012 THERE’S MORE FILM FESTIVAL is currently accepting Australian ﬁlm from all genres (drama, documentary, animation, experimental, etc) with a focus on street art and grafﬁti. We encourage established and emerging ﬁlmmakers to submit their work for screening – DEADLINE MONDAY 12th MARCH 2012!
- Films from all genres will be accepted but must contain a central theme that focuses on Grafﬁti and Street Art.
- Films must be either made in Australia or by an Australian ﬁlmmaker
- Filmmaker must have copyright over music used in the ﬁlm
- All ﬁlms must be submitted by Monday 12th March 2012
Film Entry Costs: FREE!!
How to Submit:
- Print the ENTRY FORM – then ﬁll it in and post it to us with a DVD copy (or online URL link) of your ﬁlm.
- If you wish to enter more than one ﬁlm, please submit separate entry forms for each ﬁlm.
Our Postal Address:
PO Box 315
Festival and Film Screening:
The ﬁlm screening is a ticketed event, taking place Friday March 23rd, from 7pm at the Cocoa Jackson Studios, corner of Cocoa Jackson Lane + Warburton Street, Brunswick. This is a licenced event with food and refreshments available.
- We regret that we are unable to return preview DVDs.
- High Quality formats of successful entrants work will be requested for Festival Screening. (*Please contact us immediately if you are unable to provide a high quality format as DVD MPEGS are not acceptable for screening.)
- Photographic production stills will be requested for promotional purposes.
THe entire event will be a great showcase with a lot of Melbourne street art, and graffiti and other urban artists on board already. So, if you have stickers or films to send in to the event, get to it – there’s no time to waste!!
Alongside everything else, we will also be putting on some markets on the Sunday of the event!
CALL OUT FOR MARKET STALL HOLDERS
Sunday March 25th 1 – 6pm
$20 per stall, tables available, bring chairs. Art, zines, fashion, jewellery, anything handmade, vintage clothing, food, etc are welcome!!
Stalls to be outside or inside depending on the weather.
Contact Jackie at email@example.com for more information and to register your interest in putting up a stall!