Well, its about time we got ourselves a logo to put on the site, on our cards, on flyers, on pretty much anything we need it for– so, heres the details for our little comp …
$250 Prize money
- Competition deadline is December 30th, 11:59:59pm
- As many entries per person as you’d like.
- In terms of the logo, we’re not just looking for text – we’d love to have some kind of icon to work with.
- Simple simple simple! We love detail, but simple is better for this stuff, as any of you designers know ..
- Use the colour scheme from this site – its gotta fit in, and we like these colours!
- Winning entry has to be provided in a print-ready format (vector – eps, illustrator, pdf etc) with any transparencies intact etc, all ready for resizing and print jobs
- Send your entries to the name of this site at gmail.com with the subject title “Invurt Logo Comp”– please, no emails over 10 megs, thanks! Lower res jpgs will do just fine for now!
- Things we love that would be cool themes to use: futurism, robots, dinosaurs, street & urban art, scifi, upside down shit, superheroes, otters, booze and girls!
We’ll be using the logo for everything that we do in the future, anything we send out, any press, any events we work with … and your name will be attached to it, and prominently linked to from this site. The top five logos will be posted when we announce the winner, with a write up on each of the artists – and we’d love to do a feature interview on the artist who wins … sure, we know the prize money isn’t a huge amount, comparatively, and I have no idea if its enough to get a lot of response – but its maybe a little bit of extra cash that we’d hope we can get to you after new years to make up for that hole in your bank account from boozing it up over the break …
Why we need a logo …
We’ve had a pretty cool almost-first year so far here. We hit over 100,000 page views a month a while ago, and we’re on track to hit 1 million pages this year by the end of December – not huge compared to others sites I’m sure, but, I mean, wow – thankyou so much – that’s kinda an awesome milestone for all the slogging and putting so much personal time into this thing – its amazing that others get as much out of all of this as I do, and its amazing how welcoming and supportive everyone has been in the past year.
Anyways, we’re going to be working on some cool projects through 2011 – our biggest ethos here is to give back as much as we can, and offering as much support we can for all the artists, galleries and crews involved in doing this stuff – so in order to ramp things up a little more, well, its about time we branded this shit up, don’t ya think? So, I’m going to dig into my pocket after new years and put up a small amount, and do a call out for entries for a logo for the site …
We’d love your support, we’d love your entries, but mostly, we just love that you enjoy reading us – again, thanks. If you have any questions, just add them to the comments, or email us at the name of this site at gmail.com or contact us!