As a P-towner, I’ll probably never get used to the schizophrenic Melbourne weather, and its been a rainy week this week here in Melbourne – amongst it though, there have been some cool things going on, and theres even more cool stuff coming up here and elsewhere in Oz – read on for more info and for our Friday wrap of all things good and creative …
- Go Font Yourself #6, the last in the series, opened in Melbourne on Thursday at No Vacancy. Great photos of the opening here.
- Theres two Secret Wars events this week – one in St Kilda in conjunction with Grill’d on Sunday, and the regular (not that theres anything regular about these shows!) battle on Wednesday.
- Karlosh has his show opening up at Black Cat in Fitzroy this coming Tuesday.
- Creature Feature opens up tonight, and it looks to be a great group show containing a whole bunch of monstrous goodness.
- Westsyde Connections massive live and art sale is on this weekend – get down there, and also go support them in their fight against the Salvos.
- Dont Push Mong, a skate inspired group show, opens up tonight.
- aMBUSH Gallery opened up Ignore Mainstream last night, and we heard it was pretty damn cool – only open until Sunday so get in there.
- What looks like an amazing show, Microcosms also opened up this week at Lo0Fi – this ones only on until Sunday as well.
Other bits n pieces ..
- Damn, almost missed this, but IRENE are having an DIY art sale this Sunday – looks like fun!
- Cool video posted via Everfresh featuring Phibs is an excerpt from the upcoming Bomb It 2 – looks like they’ll be covering TwoOne as well
- There are some cool sneak peak images of the upcoming Nothing To Nobody #2 here
- Last Chance studios have some studio space available in their Williams St demesne- check out if you’re interested.
- Some more great photos from the Kami & Sasu exhibition here at Nice Produce – theres also a cool screen print from them available.
- Lots of great pics from Anthony Listers opening at Chalk Horse gallery on the Opening Hours
- A bunch of girls have works in Miami Basel this year at the Feminality Art Show – check out the preview here.
- Umm, wtf at this Swedish remake of Style Wars? lulz.
- This Life have a cool interview with Numskull, who just wrapped up his recent show in Sydney
- New Curvy & Muscle Up are being released – you should get a copy.
- – Tiger Translate was pretty cool – Kompound has some great pics from it up on their site.
Thats all for this week, I think, contact us if you have anything you want us to post up and such – and enjoy your weekend!