Once again its been a busy week in the lead up to the xmas season – some last shows all over for different galleries, and a whole bunch of different events going on.
This week we did a mini review of three shows, the A3 Small Art Show, that opened last week to a packed out For Walls Gallery (go check out the facebook page for a catalogue of all the work, and the pieces that haven’t sold yet – its for charity!), Cardbordia and Toy To The World. We also did a great interview with the talented Max Berry, and we also managed to grab some great words with Urban Cake Lady.
Anyways, here’s a rundown of all the cool stuff you can go see over the weekend …
- Tiger Translate on on Sunday. We posted about this earlier in the week, and since then we’ve been able to get a really good overview of whats going on. A whole bunch of artists, great music, a competition worth checking out – if its not too late, and they have any spots left, sign up to their facebook page and keep an eye out for any entry places left – can safely say that it wont disappoint.
- Some friends and I opened up Cardbordia week, great crowd at the opening – but beyond that, it was just a fun show to put together and, imho, worth a look to just check out the crazy we created!
- Kami & Sasu’s Omni is still on at Backwoods gallery – this also opened last Friday – really looks amazing – its a must see show.
- about:blank also opened last Friday at Paradise Hills – a show with a difference, low brow meets high tech – they’re going all out to bring us different and interesting shows.
- As I mentioned earlier, the A3 Small Art Show is still on at For Walls Gallery – go, go, go.
- Short, Sharp & Sweet opened up on Thursday night– a melding of graff, pop and comic imagery, this one looks great.
- Scottie “Bonsai” Neohs show Birds On Oak is still on at the No Vacancy project space at Fed Square til early December
- Anthony Lister opened his show, Memories Not Included, this week. We briefly talked to Lister about it last week and did a small feature on the show. The Opening Hours also has some great shots from the opening.
- Jumbo and Zap open their show, Planetarium, tonight! IT looks grand also.
- aMBUSH Gallery opens the IM/Ignore Mainstream group show next Thursday.
- Nice Piece of Art, with PT & Jessi Cat, opens at China Heights last tonight – girls girls girls galore.
- The group show, Paper Tales, opened at Nine Lives Gallery this week.
- Spare Parts, at the Brisbane Powerhouse, is still on until the 5th of December.
- The good folks from Metro Gallery have taken a show, Exterior Motives, up to the ACT to coincide with the NGA’s Space Invaders show – check it out.
- If you’re there, you already know about it – there is a whole bunch of street art related stuff going on at the Beaufort St Festival this weekend – we didn’t get a chance to cover it, we were way too busy this week, but you can check out some of the cool stuff going at the festival over at our friends ArtistsWA
Other bits and pieces
- Curvy and Muscle up have been having their release shows! Grab a copy of it as soon as you can.
- Loved this new piece from Makatron – crazy cat cool.
- Cool Kami & Sasu print available at Nice Produce – also check out some pics of their opening night.
- Reka has a feature in the latest Hi Fructose magazine – great to see a local artist getting himself featured in one of our favourite mags! Go get a copy.
That’s pretty much all we have time to get to today .. again, if we’ve missed anything, just let us know.