Afternoon all – hope and trust that you’ve all had a great week, and that you’re all prepared for a great weekend to come! Just a bit of housekeeping news first up – we’re really happy this week to have taken on a great addition to the crew in the form of Leah Burgess – she’s here learning the ropes and has already completed a fantastic interview with Jumbo (of Jumbo and Zap fame, of course), and its great! Personally, I couldn’t be happier, I was starting to get just a little overwhelmed with all the stuff that’s going on these days – and her positive take and enthusiasm for all this shit is sure to be great thing for Invurt.
Anyways – now we get to the busy weekend that’s ahead .. oh man …
- Our show Cardbordia, opens tonight at At Large Gallery in Northcote – its turned into quite a cool little installation, and the end product is looking pretty crazy cool – come join us for some beers in amongst all the other things going on tonight
- Kami & Sasu have their opening tonight! I saw pics from their Melbourne Central mural, and an awesome preview of their work at Nice Produce, and it looks fantastic – I’ll get in there tomorrow, cant wait, then I’ll head over to Paradise Hills …
- Which also has a show opening tonight! about:blank looks like something a bit different, and oh so cool. Art meet technology – my favourite thing.
- Scottie Neoh, aka Bonsai, has a show at the No Vacancy Fed Square space also tonight! Four great shows in one night .. crazy. I just noticed I had the event info incorrect for this one, its at the Fed Square space, not at the Jane Bell gallery … sorry!
- Jack Douglas’s new show also opened this week – its on for a bit, so go see it at Blue Tile Lounge
- The A3 Small Art show opened on Wednesday at For Walls upstairs from Miss Libs, and it was a huge success, over 200 people through the door and a third of the pieces sold – a great fundraiser for Room To Read – its on for a little while, so go check it out.
- Also! Tomorrow is Toy To The World – and it should be a lot of fun, so come down to Section 8 during the day and check it out and see a bunch of artists painting up plethora of toys.
- Next Thursday, Anthony Lister has his latest solo show at Chalk Horse – we just did a small feature on him and the show, and damn it looks like it’ll be great.
- Alexandra Lekias opened her show last night at Friends Of Leon gallery – it looked really great from all the preview images.
- Paper Tales, curated by Bec Winnel and Courtney Brims opens at Nine Lives Gallery next week, Thursday the 25th
- I only just really saw it today, alas, but has a show with the Windows on Williams crew featuring artist Jessica Singh – more details are here, but damn such a great illustrator. Go take a look at the show, as well as the other cool things happening on Williams St.
Also, keep an eye out for all the Curvy & Muscle Up launch parties happening around the place!
Bits and pieces from around the traps …
- Loved this small feature on ABCs art nation about Paradise Hills and their recent Connect Four show – have a look!
- i’m a self confessed fan of TwoOnes work, and I love the stuff he’s been doing for Wabi Sabi in Collingwood the past week or sose, check out the pics on his blog
- This ones a recap from last week, because I want to make sure that everyone is aware of it “The Salvation Army, of all people, an organisation that in the past has actually run go and sign it and show your support.” , is now taking Sydneys Westsyde Connection gallery and studios to the High Court in order to have them remove a mural that was done by street artists from the backyard of their gallery. They have a petition up, so you should
Alas, that’s all I can get to today – sorry if I’ve missed anything – have to bail out and go do finishing touches to our show tonight. Have a great weekend and enjoy all the cool art on show this week, wherever its at!